Monday, May 08, 2006

Summer Pizza

I made this for the OHA bell choir when they came a couple weeks ago. Mrs. Bange wanted the recipe, so here it is.

1 c. water
1 c. cashews
1/8 t. garlic salt
1/2 t. onion salt
1/4 c. dried onion
1 T. yeast flakes
2-3 T. lemon juice
1 T. instant clear jel
2 T. minced fresh onion
1 t. dill weed
3/4 c. Tofutti non-dairy Sour Cream (which I added for the bell choir. It's not absolutely necessary, but it makes this taste "real"--like it has dairy in it or something!)

Blend water and cashews until cashews are very smooth. Add seasonings and sour cream, if using it. Thicken with lemon juice and clear jel. Scrape into a bowl and stir in minced onion and dill.

Spread over 2 pre-baked pizza crusts. Sprinkle with diced tomatoes, mushrooms, broccoli, green pepper, olives, shredded carrots, and shredded fake cheese.

(Sorry, I don't think I have a picture of this, unless my mom sends me one, and I'm not fully sure that she has one.)

No comments: